1. Starting a team
FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. is a program for students in from ages 6-10. Teams are typically formed on their own – by kids, teachers, parents, and mentors. There is no league draft, required school affiliation, or league mandated practice schedule.
See: Official FIRST LEGO League Jr. Challenge Resources Page: Includes the Challenge and Building Instructions, WeDo Software, and more!
If you’re trying to get involved but don’t know where to begin, email email@example.com
In order to find local events, please refer to our Calendar.
- School, District, or PTA/PTO pays all or a portion.
- Donations/Sponsorship/Grants from parents’ workplace or local businesses.
- Team members split costs equally, as a participation fee.
First Year Coaching support for you and your team
- Kids do the work, however, you will need to provide guidance. Team members may need to learn basic skills; such as programming, building, the research process, brainstorming, and presentation skills.
- Every year approximately 30% of our participants are new to the program, you are not alone!
- Training materials are available on the FIRST website.
- Your Team Meeting Guide is an essential resource.
- Look for books, videos and other how-to resources on the web, library, or YouTube.